About the meeting
The Pencil Code User Meeting is an annual meeting dedicated to the Pencil Code. The purpose of the meeting is to bring regular users and core developers together to discuss scientific and technical progress since the last meeting, to instigate collaborative projects and to allow new users to learn more about the code and to interact with other users and developers.
The Pencil Code Meeting 2019 will be held in Espoo (Finland), and neighbouring Helsinki (Finland) hosted by Department of Computer Science of Aalto University.
About the Pencil Code
The Pencil Code is a multipurpose code for massively parallel computing.
It includes optionally hydrodynamics, magnetic fields, radiation, ionization, multi-species dust dynamics with coagulation, self-gravity and particles. It is developed and maintained under Subversion (SVN) by around 25 people with check-in permission and has been downloaded by around 500 registered users (without check-in permission).
The code is tested nightly on several platforms and provides an excellent pedagogical tool for professional scientists as well as students to implement new code within an organized framework.
Here are some example topics that the meeting aims at covering:
- Recent science results obtained with the Pencil Code
- Physics recently added to the code, such as particle collisions
- Recently added visualization techniques, such as on-the-fly 3D rendering and spherical slices
- Technical issues
- Future improvements to the code
- The meeting is now open for registration
- Registration closes on August
- We acknowledge partial funding from The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies
If you have questions concerning the meeting please contact
The Local Organizing Committee
||from 12 August 2019 08:00 to 16 August 2019 18:00
Konemiehentie 2, 02150 Espoo, (P.O.Box 15400, FI-00076 AALTO)