Nordita, Stockholm, Sweden
This workshop series provides a “forum” where scientists in the Nordic countries working in the area of Statistical Physics can meet regularly. It brings together experts interested in the broad spectrum of timely problems in (classical) Statistical Physics, ranging from fundamental aspects in the theory of non-equilibrium processes to modern applications in biophysics.
Topics covered include diffusion problems, physics of DNA and bio-molecules, population dynamics, pattern formation, non-equilibrium transport, bacterial motility, single-molecule kinetics, dynamics and structure of networks, statistical inference, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, self-assembly, soft condensed matter (colloids, liquid crystals etc.), work relations and ﬂuctuation theorems, and many more.
[Timetable - available from start of the program]
Mauro Paternostro (Queen's University Belfast)
- Mikko Alava (Aalto University)
- Tapio Ala-Nissilä (Aalto University)
- Tobias Ambjörnsson (Lund University)
- Erik Aurell (KTH)
- Marcelo Dias (Aalto University and Nordita)
- Hans Fogedby (Aarhus University)
- Jonas Johansson (Lund University)
- Heiner Linke (Lund University)
- Per Linse (Lund University)
- Bernhard Mehlig (Göteborg University)
- Namiko Mitarai (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Jukka Pekola (Aalto University)
- Astrid de Wijn (Stockholm University)
- Yasser Roudi (Trondheim University)
If you want to participate in the workshop, please fill in the registration form.
Registration deadline: February 8, 2015
There is no registration fee.
There is a (very) limited number of travel grants available for PhD students and young Postdoc fellows from the Nordic countries. If you are interested in such a grant, please contact the organizers via email.