Nordita, Stockholm, Sweden
This workshop series provides a “forum” where scientists in the Nordic countries
working in the area of Statistical Physics can meet regularly.
It brings together experts interested in the broad
spectrum of timely problems in (classical) Statistical Physics, ranging
from fundamental aspects in the theory of non-equilibrium processes to
modern applications in biophysics.
Topics covered include diﬀusion problems, physics of
DNA and biomolecules, population dynamics, pattern formation, non-equilibrium
transport, bacterial motility, single-molecule kinetics, dynamics and structure of
networks, statistical inference, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, self-assembly,
soft condensed matter (colloids, liquid crystals etc.), work relations and ﬂuctuation theorems, and many more.
[Timetable - available shortly before start of the workshop]
Invited Participants (confirmed)
- Sahin Buyukdagli (Aalto University)
- Hans Fogedby (University of Aarhus)
- Trond Ingebrigtsen (Roskilde Universitet)
- Signe Kjelstrup (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Steven Lade (Stockholm Resilience Center, SU)
- Martin Linden (Stockholm University)
- Heiner Linke (Lund University)
- Michael A. Lomholt (University of Southern Denmark)
- Oksana Manyuhina (Nordita)
- Bernhard Mehlig (Göteborg University)
- Namiko Mitarai (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Lene Oddershede (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Jukka Pekola (Aalto University)
- Yasser Roudi (Kavli Insitute for Systems Neuroscience, NTNU)
- Astrid de Wijn (Stockholm University)
Juan Parrondo, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
If you want to participate in the workshop, please fill in the registration form.
Registration deadline: 25 February 2013
There is no registration fee.
There is a (very) limited number of travel grants available for PhD students and young Postdoc fellows from the Nordic countries. If you are interested in such a grant, please contact the organizers via email.