WELCOME TO THE MOST IMPORTANT SOCIO-ACADEMIC EVENT OF THE YEAR!
The Nordita Day is an opportunity to get to know your fellow Norditians. It will be a one day event, Friday, 8th June 2018. This is the fifth Nordita Day, since the start of this ancient tradition in 2015.
You will be given the opportunity to present your (academic) research/ideas to your Nordita colleagues from across a wide spectrum of fields, in as simple and elegant manner as possible. At the same time, you will finally learn what these "guys from the other buildings" are actually doing...
Presentations will be 15+5 min, and should be understandable for everybody in the audience. There will be no fixed schedule for the talks and the speakers will be randomly selected during the day. After the talks, we will (anonymously) vote for the best presentation. The first price is a ticket for the Stockholm Opera. Everyone is welcome, even if you are not giving a talk.
From 6 PM onwards we will have barbecue/buffet, outside the Nordita buildings if the weather allows. We will organize a Fermi quiz, which may be solved in self-organized teams while enjoying the food, and we will provide basic equipment for some sportive activities, like kubb, soccer, badminton, and frisbee.
Your family/partner is cordially invited to join for the dinner.
- 8.30-9.30 BREAKFAST
- The meeting will start with a light breakfast at Nordita East
- 9.30-12.00 and 14.30-17.30 TALKS
- Short talks (20 min including questions and discussion), randomly selected during the day. There will be a break for lunch around noon, and few coffee breaks during the day.
- 13.00-13.30 INFORMATION FROM SU
- Jonas Åkerman from the SU Research Support Office will discuss research ethics.
- 13.30-14.00 INFORMATION FROM SU
- Cecilia Strandman and Karin Steffensen from the SU HR department will inform about the SU policies regarding discrimination, harassment and victimization.
- 18.00-late DINNER
- Barbecue outside Nordita. There will also be opportunities to take part in various competitive physical and intellectual sports.
To help us plan the day, please register on the registration form as soon as possible. Registration deadline is May 20th.
When registering you will have to provide the title and abstract of your contribution (if you want to give a talk) and you will be asked to indicate how many persons will join you for the dinner event.
We will need some support with preparing the barbecue. Let us know if you want to help by checking the corresponding box. Thanks!