Nordita, Stockholm, Sweden
This workshop series provides a “forum” where scientists in the Nordic countries working in the area of Statistical Physics can meet regularly. It brings together experts interested in the broad spectrum of timely problems in (classical) Statistical Physics, ranging from fundamental aspects in the theory of non-equilibrium processes to modern applications in biophysics.
Topics covered include diffusion problems, physics of DNA and bio-molecules, population dynamics, pattern formation, non-equilibrium transport, bacterial motility, single-molecule kinetics, dynamics and structure of networks, statistical inference, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, self-assembly, soft condensed matter (colloids, liquid crystals etc.), work relations and ﬂuctuation theorems, and many more.
The workshop will start on Wednesday morning at around 9.00 with registration and coffee/cake. It will end on Friday (early) afternoon. It is planned to have a conference dinner on Thursday evening.
[Timetable - available from start of the workshop]
- Tapio Ala-Nissilä (Aalto University)
- Mikko Alava (Aalto University)
- Jeppe Dyre (Roskilde University)
- Gaute Einevoll (Norwegian University of Life Sciences)
- Hans Fogedby (Aarhus University)
- Arvind Kumar (KTH)
- Martin Lindén (Uppsala University)
- Bernhard Mehlig (Gothenburg University)
- Namiko Mitarai (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Woosok Moon (Nordita & SU)
- Lene Oddershede (Niels Bohr Institute)
- Antti Puisto (Aalto University)
- David JT Sumpter (Uppsala University)
- Astrid de Wijn (Trondheim University)
- Giovanni Volpe (Gothenburg University)
- John Wettlaufer (Nordita & Yale University)
Stefano Zapperi (University of Milano)
If you want to participate in the workshop, please fill in the registration form.
Registration deadline: 25 February, 2018
There is no registration fee.
There is a (very) limited number of travel grants available for PhD students and young Postdoc fellows from the Nordic countries. If you are interested in such a grant, please contact the organizers via email.