Nordita, Stockholm, Sweden
This workshop series provides a “forum” where scientists in the Nordic countries working in the area of Statistical Physics can meet regularly. It brings together experts interested in the broad spectrum of timely problems in (classical) Statistical Physics, ranging from fundamental aspects in the theory of non-equilibrium processes to modern applications in biophysics.
Topics covered include diffusion problems, physics of DNA and bio-molecules, population dynamics, pattern formation, non-equilibrium transport, bacterial motility, single-molecule kinetics, dynamics and structure of networks, statistical inference, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, self-assembly, soft condensed matter (colloids, liquid crystals etc.), work relations and ﬂuctuation theorems, and many more.
[Timetable - available from start of the program]
Stefan Klumpp (MPI Golm-Potsdam, Germany)
- Tapio Ala-Nissilä (Aalto University)
- Erik Aurell (KTH, Stockholm)
- Dick Bedeaux (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Jeppe Dyre (Roskilde Universitet)
- Måns Ehrenberg (Uppsala University)
- Hans Fogedby (Aarhus University)
- Natalia Golubeva (Aarhus University)
- Mogens Høgh Jensen (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Heiner Linke (Lund University)
- Bernhard Mehlig (Göteborg University)
- Namiko Mitarai (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Cecilia Rorai (Nordita)
- Kim Sneppen (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Mats Wallin (KTH, Stockholm)
- Astrid de Wijn (Stockholm University)
If you want to participate in the workshop, please fill in the registration form.
Registration deadline: 3 March 2014
There is no registration fee.
There is a (very) limited number of travel grants available for PhD students and young Postdoc fellows from the Nordic countries. If you are interested in such a grant, please contact the organizers via email.