Nordita, Stockholm, Sweden
This workshop is the third one in a series which has been initiated
in 2010 at Nordita. The first two editions in 2010 and 2011 were highly
appreciated by the participants, what encouraged us to continue,
in order to provide a “forum” where scientists in the Nordic countries
working in the area of Statistical Physics can meet regularly.
The workshop series brings together experts interested in the broad
spectrum of timely problems in (classical) Statistical Physics, ranging
from fundamental aspects in the theory of non-equilibrium processes to
modern applications in biophysics.
Topics covered include diﬀusion problems, physics of
DNA and biomolecules, population dynamics, pattern formation, non-equilibrium
transport, bacterial motility, single-molecule kinetics, dynamics and structure of
networks, statistical inference, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, self-assembly,
soft condensed matter (colloids, liquid crystals etc.), work relations and ﬂuctuation theorems, and many more.
[Timetable - available shortly before start of the workshop]
- Mikko Alava (Helsinki University of Technology)
- Tapio Ala-Nissilä (Helsinki University of Technology)
- Erik Aurell (KTH, Stockholm)
- Gaute T. Einvoll (Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Aas)
- Hans Fogedby (University of Aarhus)
- Thomas Heimburg (University of Copenhagen)
- Thordur Jonsson (University of Iceland)
- Heiner Linke (Lund University)
- Oksana Manyuhina (NORDITA, Stockholm)
- Bernhard Mehlig (Göteborg University)
- Namiko Mitarai (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Alessandro Mossa (University of Aarhus)
- Lene Oddershede (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Kim Sneppen (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
- Jonas Tegenfeldt (Lund and Göteborg)
- Mats Wallin (KTH, Stockholm)
Chris van den Broeck, Hasselt University Belgium
If you want to participate in the workshop, please fill in the registration form.
Registration deadline: 20 March 2012
There is no registration fee.