|The workshop is aimed at bringing together
experts in the ﬁelds of nanoscale and low-dimensional condensed matter physics, quantum gases, integrable models, statistical and quantum ﬁeld theory, and mathematical physics, to develop interdisciplinary communication and collaborations.
Experimentalists will be visiting for shorter periods, to provide overview talks on recent developments. An important aspect of
the workshop is to boost fundamental theoretical research on nanoscale and low-dimensional systems.
Problems that will be covered during the program are
- Theory for nanoscale devices for cold atoms (”atomic chips”)
- Development of Bethe Ansatz techniques to describe non-equilibrium and transport
phenomena in low-dimensional systems
- Calculation of correlation functions in integrable quantum ﬁeld theories and lattice models
- The study of disorder and interaction effects in topological insulators
- Theory for quantum phase transitions into topologically ordered states
- Correlation effects in graphene
- Interferometry of non-Abelian quantum Hall states
- Quantum impurities and entanglement in quantum information devices
- Conformal ﬁeld theory and topological quantum computation
To apply for participation, please use the 'Application Form'
in the menu on the left.
The deadline for application is April 30, 2010. Decisions on participation
will be made early in May, 2010.
From Monday, September 6th, till Friday, September 10, 2010, a conference, co-sponsored
INSTANS, will be held.
Information about the conference, including a list of invited speakers, as well as a registration page,
can be found on the
||from 30 August 2010 08:00 to 24 September 2010 18:00
||Prof. ARDONNE, Eddy
Prof. JOHANNESSON, Henrik
Prof. MUSSARDO, Giuseppe